Hobby CNC Router – Disadvantages of buying a CNC Router Kit
How to buy a CNC machine correctly
Finally the crucial question remains: What are my criteria to consider when buying a favorable CNC portal milling machine, in order to get good quality, safety and good value for money guaranteed?
Once we have summarized the most important criteria for you:
Consider your own desires
Before you search for a suitable supplier / manufacturer, to think about what you want to achieve with the targeted machine. This can be best done using the question system:
- What size are my workpieces to be processed?
- What accuracy is demanded for the workpieces to be processed? Long term, perhaps more accurately?
- Which engine power do I need for my hard / soft material?
- How hard are the materials to be processed with respect to the required torsional stiffness of the CNC milling machine?
- How exactly is the selected CNC milling machine adapted to my desired materials / workpieces?
- Will I later addapt an additional axis or even process larger workpieces? Pushing the workpieces through possible?
- Do I prefer to process unlimited high workpieces?
The correct way to search
When I exactly know what criteria is important for my target machine, I can start searching a suitable manufacturer. For this it is useful to gather as much information as possible, this can be obtained via:
- A structured website
- Reviews of other customers / Customer Testimonials / Reviews (e.g. Google)
- Reviews Comparison Reports (as e.g. Precifast)
- Youtube channels (many providers have good Youtube channels showing the latest products in action)
- An obligation consultation
Finding a reputable CNC machine manufacturer
Important in finding a suitable provider or manufacturer is not only to know WHERE I have to look but also what criteria is important to check.
- Am I being offered a free no-obligation consultation?
- Do the machines offered have a valid EMC testing and CE statements?
- Are free screenings possible to help me in the purchase decision?
- Will I have, as a CNC beginner, enough clear understandable support before and after the sale?
- Is there generally a free support even AFTER the sale?
- Do I have a contact person?
- Does the manufacturer put emphasis on friendliness and service?
- Do I feel I advised and welcome?
- Are special requests allowed?
- Do I get a legal guarantee / warranty?
- Are quality materials processed?
- Is the machine true value for money?
- What about the longevity of CNC portal milling machine, is there any experience?
- Can the provider / manufacturer refer to considerable references?
If you include these points in your personal choice, it will be easier to find a supplier of CNC milling machines, corresponding to your wishes, which will be trustworthy and competent assistance, before and especially after the purchase!
You might be interested in comparative tests and applications of our versatile CNC controlled machines? Visit additionally our informative Youtube Channel!